‘Flash Funding for Vinyl’ aims to give you the artist the opportunity to release your music on wax, for free. Your only obligation is to convince the panel of judges that your music is fresh, exciting, and full of passion.
Following a successful partnership with MODO in 2016, PRS Foundation is pleased to announce the return of Flash Funding for Vinyl – offering emerging UK artists and bands the opportunity to develop their careers with:
- 500 x 12” VINYL FROMKEY PRODUCTION GROUP & MODO
Worth over £1,500, artists receive 500 x stunning 12” vinyl, with Modo supporting artists based on a menu of design options
- RELEASE STRATEGY MENTORING
Artists will receive expert advice from partners on release planning, promotion and sales strategies
- ONGOING PROMOTIONAL SUPPORT
Partners will help to promote each release, staggered through 2017
This year’s Flash Funding for Vinyl is launched on 3rd May, with a deadline of Monday 8th May (11.59pm). A longlist will be whittled down to 10 shortlisted applications taken to our Live Flash Funding Panel at The Great Escape on Friday 19th May (10.30am-12noon).
Who can apply?
- UK-based artists, bands and performers
- Self-releasing artists and artists signed to independent labels (unless financial support is clearly not needed)
- Artists with team members (e.g. management, booking agents, PR, pluggers) are welcome to apply but all video applications must be submitted by the artist.
- Artists with recent or upcoming recordings will be prioritised. Those whose related recordings have been previously released must justify demand for a vinyl release
- Those with a clear sales plan for resulting releases
To find out more and how to apply for this incredible opportunity hit the following link [PRS Music Foundation]. Remember the deadline for submissions is at 23.59 on Monday the 8th of May, so get moving. Best of luck.